As 2020 draws to a close, it’s time to take stock and to reflect on the year gone by. Even though the coronavirus forced a change of landscape for everyone, we were cheered to see how the Trust navigated the challenges and has come through stronger.
Here are our top 10 achievements for 2020:
- We smashed our target of £25,000 in our #NewsroomsForAll campaign – our first public fundraiser
- The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) kick-started our #NewsroomsForAll campaign with donation of £5,000 and Channel Five News took us over the finishing line with donation of £2,000
- We increased our number of followers on all our social media platforms
- We held 19 free online events which were attended by more than 650 people, five of which are recorded and down-loadable
- We raised our profile in #RememberingJohn, a campaign to commemorate the 25th anniversary of John Schofield
- We secured the support of more than 60 high profile names in the media world to serve as our champions
- We added eight new members to our advisory board to ensure access to a diverse range of experience and insight
- In response to the lockdown, 88% of our mentors agreed to continue supporting their mentee after the official end date of the 2019-20 scheme, to and for those who couldn’t, we found replacement mentors
- We received the highest number of applicants for our early career mentoring scheme and selected the highest number of mentees for 2021
- WE SURVIVED!
Thank you to everyone who helped us make it such a fantastic year: all our volunteers, our donors and funders! We can’t wait for the New Year to begin….